VN-Power (93414) is a complete and balanced solid bee food. It is a very good pollen substitute, rich in vitamins, trace elements and amino acids of high biological value
Effects and results:
• Strengthens the bees and their immune system, making them capable of fighting against Varroa and Nosemosis without medicines
• Maintains your bee colonies in an excellent condition
• A great increase of their population on condition that there is at least a small amount of pollen in the environment and the other preconditions for the queen bee to give birth are met (such as nectar or stimulant supply etc.)
• The bees become more productive and thus the production of honey is increased
The result is bigger, healthier and more productive bee colonies
BeeNectar provides five different high-quality solid bee foods that are customized to the needs of your bee colonies giving the opportunity to the beekeeper to choose among foods that can be used to maintain, grow and fight against serious diseases* or a combination of them. Each food type consists of sugars enriched with vitamins, proteins and trace elements that vary in consistency depending on the purpose of use (maintenance, growth, combat serious diseases) ensuring a complete and balanced diet. This allows the beekeeper to build bee colonies able to produce any bee product (honey, pollen, propolis, etc.).
*BeeNectar solid bee foods strengthen the bees and their immune system, making them capable of fighting against Varroa, Nosema and Ascosphaera pathogens without medicines
BeeNectar’s specialized solid bee foods should be placed in the center of the hive and specifically on the top of the brood populated hive frames, opening a large hole at the nylon pack, without the fear of drying out. When the temperature of the environment is below 22-25oC, the opening must face downwards (towards the frames), whereas when the temperature is over 22-25oC, the opening must face upwards (towards the lid).
The solid foods, especially Standard (90114), VN-Power (93414) and A-Extra Power (92619), should not be used when the beehive cover is not properly insulated and there is danger that the temperature under the cover is above 38oC (especially when it is covered with metal sheet). In those cases (high temperature and absence of insulator), it is preferable to use VN-Extra Power (96614) and Extra Power (96714).
Available in packages of 1kg packed in boxes that contain 24 pieces. The dimension of each box is 55cm x 27,1cm x 15,7cm.
Produced and packaged by BeeNectar.
Advantages of VN-Power (93414) in comparison to medicines:
• Is of a lower cost. Moreover, instead of using medicines and food for health and growth separately, VN-Power (93414) can achieve both being a more economical option
• Fights against diseases more effectively
• The bee colonies remain healthy (free from Varroa and Nosemosis) for a longer period of time than any other treatment, because bees’ immune system has been greatly strengthened
• Does not adversely affect the bees and the queen bee
• Does not contain any toxic substances
• Assists the queen bee to give birth
• Can be used all year round, even when there is bee brood in the hives
• The bee colonies must be fed with VN-Power (93414) for at least 40 consecutive days to effectively fight against Varroa. Regarding Nosemosis, the bee colonies must be fed for at least 30 consecutive days.
• To achieve the desired results, you must make sure that your bee colonies consume the following: a 10-frame fully-populated beehive should consume 1kg every week, meaning it needs 5-6kg for Varroa (40 days) and 4-5kg for Nosemosis (30 days). If your beehive does not have 10 populated frames, the above amounts are tailored to the population of your beehive
• Placement of VN-Power (93414) must be 1kg at a time and not all together. That is, once the bee colony has consumed the first kilo, you then place the second and so on.
• Beware when the bee colonies are highly impaired, and thus not capable of consuming the desired quantities of VN-Power (93414) we mentioned, it is best to boost them simultaneously with syrup and vitamins. The dietary scheme is then considered to begin when they start consuming the quantities stated above. From then on (usually 6-10 days later), the counting of 40 days for Varroa or 30 days for Nosemosis begins.
- In order to start the dietary scheme for the treatment of Nosemosis, it is advisable you first have a laboratory examination of your bees, to be certain that there is actually a case of Nosemosis in your apiary (of course, this is true for any disease that is not easily visible with a naked eye).
It is important to pay attention to the fact that after the use of VN-Power (93414) regarding Nosemosis, bees should always be re-examined to assess if the desired result was achieved because some unpredictable factors can affect it. These unpredictable factors can be:
In that case, you should ask the veterinarian that supervises your apiary or our scientific staff for advice in order to recommend alternative ways to treat Nosemosis.
- The existence of a high amount of polluted honey or pollen in the beehive
- The existence of neighboring bee colonies that are infected at a high degree (increased risk for re-infection)
- Adverse weather conditions that do not allow the bees to come out the beehive and thus they cannot void nosema spores in the environment (nosema spores remain inside the beehive and re-infection occurs)
- When your beehive has less than 5 frames it is recommended you use VN-Extra Power (96614)
- If the bee colonies are severely affected from Varroa or/and Nosemosis (the bee colonies are expected to die in less than 20 days), you should additionally use medicine(s), which will be recommended by the veterinarian that supervises your apiary or our scientific staff, to combat the threat in a short time because VN-Power (93414) takes longer to act properly.